Volunteers are a great help at carers groups, by welcoming people and offering hospitality - working with staff to create a friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- Throughout Bedfordshire
- Usually monthly, sometimes weekly
- Usually during the day but a few are in the evening
- Usually during the week but occasionally on a weekend
- In our bases or in community venues
May be for young carers aged 4 - 16
What we are looking for?
- A commitment around 2 - 4 hours. Most groups are monthly
- No qualifications or experience needed
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to be calm, patient and caring
- Punctuality and reliability
- An understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality – training provided
- A commitment to team work with volunteers and staff from a variety of backgrounds
- A commitment to attend an induction, relevant learning and development workshops
You can help at any one group or you may be interested in our Group Link role covering neighbourhoods in Biggleswade or Ampthill
How will you be supported in this role?
- Your own staff link for individual support
- Volunteer induction session (90 minutes)
- Volunteer socials and events
- Travel expenses covered
How this can help you
- Join a small friendly team
- Chance to meet new people
- Regular times
What carers say about groups
"The groups are good for having a laugh or getting things off your chest but mostly laughing with other people who are in the same situation"
"I've been made to feel like royalty today after all these years struggling on our own"
Ask about helping at groups