- Tues 25th Sept, 6 - 8pm
- Registration and light refreshments from 5.45pm
- Council Chamber, Central Bedfordshire Council, Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands, Shefford
- Satnav postcode: SG17 5XY
Do you juggle paid employment with caring?
Are you struggling to find suitable work after taking a break to care?
Perhaps you are an employer wanting to support carers in your workforce?
Join other carers, local employers, representatives from the local authority and NHS to discuss challenges and find solutions to working and caring in Bedfordshire. If you are unable to attend, we would still like to hear from you - you can send in questions or points you would like to make or share your story.
- Poornima Kirloskar-Saini of Timewise. Timewise are working with national government on a Carers Employment Hub and also working with employers to promote carer-supportive employment practices
- Katherine Wilson, who heads up Employers for Carers, a membership organisation of employers
- David Waller, HR Policy & Implementation Manager, Central Bedfordshire Council, on policies and procedures they have that offer flexibility to carers
- Dept of Work & Pensions - to be confirmed
This event is a Carers Partnership with Central Bedfordshire Council. Working & Caring in Bedfordshire Sept 2018