tmp_shape_invertedConverted tmp_bgshapeConverted
Admin Login

Adapting to Caring


Adapting to Caring

Information to be provided shortly

Information to be provided shortly

Page 3

 There are many things to take into account when you are caring. Here are a number of resources that can guide you through this process.

The Thinking Ahead resource by Carers UK helps you consider the financial impact caring might have on you and how to plan your finances accordingly.

Upfront will help you understand what benefits and entitlements you can receive as a carer.

Thinking about applying for benefits?  Citizen's Advice has a lot of information about the process and how to fill in application forms.

Local resources

For help with applying for benefits contact Citizen's Advice in Bedford, Leighton-Linslade , Mid Beds (Biggleswade & Ampthill)
The Disability Resource Centre, Dunstable also helps filling out application forms for benefits.  This is open all people living in Bedfordshire.  
If you are over 55 years old, Age UK Bedfordshire can help with filling out forms for PIP, Attendance Allowance, Universal Credit and Blue Badge Applications.  They can also arrange home visits if you are housebound.
If the person you care for has cancer then MacMillan Cancer Support runs a Welfare Rights Service for people living in Bedfordshire.

Struggling with debt

If you are struggling with debt you can receive advice and help from St Andrew's Money Advice, Bedford, the Salvation Army, Bedford and Dunstable and Christians Against Poverty (throughout Bedfordshire).  The Bedford Borough Council and Central Bedfordshire Council also have lists of organisations you can contact for help.  There are also a number of Foodbanks throughout Bedfordshire so if you think you would benefit from a food parcel then, please contact the office on 0300 111 1919 so we can issue you a voucher.

follow us on