Carers are at the heart of everything we do
Our Mission Statement
Carers in Bedfordshire strive to identify and support all carers of family and friends. We will enhance their health and well-being by offering specialist support according to their needs and wishes.
We will ensure carers voices are heard and respected in the development and delivery of all services.
Our Vision Statement
All carers are to be recognised and valued as expert partners in the planning and delivery of their services.
- Identify and respond to the needs of unpaid family carers of any age, caring circumstance and community in Bedfordshire
- Disseminate information in person, by telephone, online and in printed form
- Coordinate carer peer groups and clubs for young carers
- Deliver services where carers can receive support with for the person they care for
- Deliver advice, advocacy and individual support for carers of all ages
- Deliver training to carers on subjects related to their caring role and also to develop new skills as a break from caring
- Undertake outreach to help identify carers including training professional staff in carers issues, and working with GP surgeries, voluntary and statutory organisations and schools, including delivering assemblies
- Deliver support at locations accessible to carers.
- Monitor the satisfaction levels of carers we support and the impact our support is making on their caring role and wellbeing. This is done through through questionnaires, interviews and a survey conducted no less frequently than every other year
- Support carers to have a voice in all relevant services
- Generate income to develop and grow our support for carers
- Recruit and train volunteers to support and contribute to a range of our services