From our office in Bedford, Biggleswade or Leighton Buzzard, you will ring carers to either register them or phone newly registered carers to .
You will check our database for an update on their situation before making the call. Any complex issues will be referred to a support worker. All calls are logged on a database. You may also make other one-off calls to carers for example to remind them of appointments.
What we are looking for?
- A commitment to ring around 10 people per month
- No qualifications or experience needed
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to be calm, patient and caring
- Punctuality and reliability
- An understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality – training provided
- A commitment to team work with volunteers and staff from a variety of backgrounds
- A commitment to attend an induction, relevant learning and development workshops
How will you be supported in this role?
- Your own staff link for individual support
- Volunteer induction session (90 minutes)
- Help to use the database
- Volunteer socials and events
- Travel expenses covered
How this helps you
- Join a small friendly team
- Chance to meet new people
- Flexible times
- Practice active listening skills
- Office base
- Chance to work within established professional systems
Ask about this role