The Memory Gateway is your pathway towards dementia support and information in your area, no specific diagnosis is required to attend.
Please Note. All groups are cancelled until further notice to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Please see the Memory Navigation Service events page for activities happening during lockdown.
If you are caring for someone with dementia or memory loss or are concerned about your own memory you will find this a valuable group to help you access the help you need right now. We currently hold groups in Bedford, Biggleswade and Houghton Regis.
The aim is to help you to learn to navigate the system and gather information to support you through your journey. Through discussion, professional talks, practical sessions and signposting to specific services, you will be able look at ways you could improve your situation, such as benefits advice, power of attorney or nutrition. Each month has a theme and is attended by professionals and support networks.
Importantly the service will offer you an opportunity to meet others, to share experiences and to develop friendships.
Biggleswade Memory Gateway
- 11am to 12:30pm, on the second Monday of each month
- Biggleswade Sea Cadet HQ, Station Road, Biggleswade, SG18 8AL
Eaton Bray Memory Gateway
- 11am to 12:30pm, on the last Wednesday of each month
- Eaton Bray Village Hall, Church Lane, LU6 2DJ
Bedford Memory Gateway
- 11 to 2.00pm, on the fourth Saturday of each month - in conjunction with the Bedford Carers Cafe
- Priory Methodist Church, Newnham Avenue, Bedford MK41 9QJ