Are you juggling work, school, home life, parents, children or your own health needs - or all of the above - to care for a family member? Perhaps you are a "sandwich carer", looking after a child with additional needs as well as elderly parents.
THIS CONFERENCE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO JOIN THE WAITING LIST IN CASE OF CANCELLATIONS. SORRY TO DISAPPOINT!
Carers in Bedfordshire have teamed up with East London Foundation Trust to host our second carers conference to address carer wellbeing and resilience.
This event will give you:
- information about services and the opportunity to meet the people who provide them
- the chance to learn and share with others going through similar challenges as you
- tips for how to look after yourself and keep those balls in the air
- knowledge about your rights as a carer
Carers who attended the last conference said:
- Where did the time go? Am leaving feeling very uplifted
- Very happy to meet and listen to people who know how I feel
- Very helpful, lots of information, interesting to hear what's happening in Scotland in comparison
Confirmed speakers for this year's conference:
- Yvonne Newbold, author of The Special Parent’s Handbook, National Learning Disability and Autism Lifetime Achievement
- Matt Lant - Wellbeing Practitioner for the Bedfordshire Wellbeing Service
Who is this for?
- Unpaid carers - a person who looks after another who would not be able to manage without them.
- Those who work or volunteer to provide or commission carers support services who want to listen and learn from carers.
This event is free but if you wish to make a donation to support services for carers in Bedfordshire:
You are able to here - Wonderful.org