There are a number of groups taking place via Zoom, a video communication service. To find out more please get in contact with the Memory Navigation Service on 0300 111 9090.
Click here for the Alzheimer's Society Bedfordshire group timetable.
Click here for the Tibbs Dementia Foundation group timetable.
Carers in Bedfordshire, Dementia Services groups:
Keep in contact and exchange information and tips with other carers who care for someone with memory loss and dementia. The sessions are hosted by a support worker.
Carers group - Afternoon
- Tuesdays fortnightly: 6th April, 20th April, 4th May, 18th May, 1st June, 15th June, 29th June
Carers group - Morning
- First Thursday of the month: 1st April, 6th May, 3rd June
- Kezia Mitchell, a professional dance instructor, leads us in a dance class that can be completed sitting down. A warm and safe environment suitable for all abilities and levels of experience.
- Weekly on a Tuesday
- Physiotherapist Nadia Kopec, leads session of simple exercises to maintain mobility at home.
- Weekly on a Thursday
- Access up to date information relevant to you during lockdown. A good introduction to the network of support available to you throughout Bedfordshire.
- First Monday of the month: 12th April (due to bank holiday), 10th May (due to bank holiday), 7th June
- Sing-along to well known songs in this monthly session lead by music therapists from Music 24.
- First Wednesday of the month: 7th April, 5th May, 2nd June
- Bring and share your favourite poems with the group, try out a quiz, or simply watch and enjoy.
- Second Wednesday of the month: 14th April, 12th May, 9th June
- Themed sessions giving you the chance to share your memories and reflect on times gone by.
- Last Tuesday of the month: 27th April, 25th May, 29th June