Dementia Adventure are running another of their popular Online Skills Sessions for Bedfordshire residents.
Tuesday 20th July 2021, 10:30am-12:30pm.
This session is for family and friends who support somebody living with dementia. You will connect with experienced dementia trainers and other dementia carers to learn more about dementia and receive practical guidance that will help you in your supportive role.
Their experienced trainers will cover:
- Understanding dementia and the common symptoms
- How dementia affects the senses, communication and behaviour
- The importance of continuing to ‘see’ the person (and not the condition)
- Practical ways to connect with a person with dementia
- Strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Solutions for adapting the environment.
- The benefits of connection with nature and the outdoors
Booking is essential. To book your place please click the following link which will take you to an eventbrite page: Click here to book your place
From here, click the green 'Register' button on the right hand side, then the red 'Register' button towards the bottom of the page. You will then need to complete a short form which asks for your contact details. You will then be sent the joining details for the session by Dementia Adventure.
Find out more about the work Dementia Adventure do on their website: https://dementiaadventure.co.uk/